Vacant Homes


Request an Insurance Quote

Harley the tate hound will search the insurance world to get the coverage and price perfect for you and your family!



Vacant Home Insurance

There are several reasons to purchase a policy specifically written to cover a vacant home. You might have a home that is:

  • For sale
  • Going to be flipped
  • Under extensive repairs before you move in

A homeowner policy will have specific exclusions for your home if it is vacant for more than 30 days. The same holds true for a landlord policy. To overcome this shortfall in coverage, it is best to purchase a special vacant home policy from Anderson GMI Insurance Agency. We use a great company, United Heritage Insurance Company, with the following coverage:

  • Fire and Lightening – A fire is, of course, debilitating to your finances.
  • Windstorm or Hail – It seems every year we hear of a terrible wind storm that causes extensive damage.
  • Explosion – Not too common, but again, debilitating financially.
  • Riot or Civil Commotion – Minimal risk here.
  • Aircraft – Again, minimal risk.
  • Vehicles – It seems that every month or so, another house ends up with a truck in the living room.
  • Smoke – An oft forgotten problem. A fire may be small, but the smoke frequently goes all through the house. This is a fairly expensive problem to remedy.
  • Vandalism – Is available with a $10,000 limit. This is the most common claim for a vacant house.
  • Course of Construction – Is available in either $10,000 or $15,000 limits. This covers the cost of replacing building materials stolen from the house while it is waiting to be installed.
  • Personal Property coverage for the same risks is also available. This does not cover tools and equipment, but will cover things such as a refrigerator, which is not part of the structure and is not built into the house,
  • Liability – Our policies come with $1,000,000 of liability coverage for you.